Where should I retire?
Posted on December 28, 2021 by Brooke Jones
It’s time to take a new path. You’ve spent a long time working and saving, and finally it’s your time for relaxation – you can retire now! But where to retire? Don’t spend the best days of your life stuck in the dreary cold and snow, the Sunshine State is calling your name!
Florida is a great place to live at any age, but especially for retirees. There are tons of retirement communities and senior living communities across the state. Whether you’re seeking rest and tranquility in a sleepy beach town, looking for culture in the city or finding your wild side in nature, there’s a place for you to call home here.
At Garber Communities, we specialize in finding people their perfect spot. With nine communities located across the state, we’re your local experts in Florida real estate and we want to help you find your new hometown!
Since we know Florida cities better than anyone, we’ve created a guide to help you find the perfect place to retire based off what you’re looking for.
If you’re a city dweller…
The culture, action, entertainment – if you’re interested in the thrill of the city, we have a few places in mind for you.
- Orlando is one of the most visited cities in the U.S. From world-famous theme parks and attractions to a lively downtown scene, it’s no surprise people from all over want to visit the City Beautiful. Enjoy easy access to Disney World, Universal Studios Orlando, ICON Park and the renowned I-Drive, and downtown Orlando’s shops, restaurants and nightlife. Our Town & Country Mobile Home Park is an all-age community located in this city.
- Riverview is a great option for city lovers who enjoy a bit of peace and quiet. This town is located just minutes from downtown Tampa and all of its offerings, but is away from the hustle and bustle. Go to a Tampa Bay Lightning hockey game, cheer on the Bucs at Raymond James Stadium, visit the Florida Aquarium or enjoy the many downtown dining, shopping and entertainment options. Our Park King Richard’s Court is a 55+ community located in this suburban city.
If you want to reconnect with nature...
Exotic wildlife, nature preserves and crystal-clear waters are located all across the state, so finding a city near it all isn’t too hard. Here are a few of our favorites:
- Spring Hill is located north of Tampa and is a quiet town just minutes away from Weeki Wachee Springs State Park, one of the state’s most well-known springs. It has live mermaid shows, river boat cruises and amazing kayaking. Buccaneer Bay, Florida’s only spring-fed waterpark is just a short drive away. If you want to sit back and enjoy the tranquil waters of the Gulf, head over to Alfred McKethan Pine Island Park or Clearwater Beach. Our Holiday Springs RV Resort is a 55+ community located in this town.
- Dade City is the place to be if you’re an avid fisherman. This small, historic city is surrounded by scenic rolling hills and pastures. The water is never too far away when you’re here. Our Park Fisherman’s Cove is a 55+ community located in this city.
- Lake Placid is the perfect mix of nature and activity. This town features stunning freshwater lakes, rolling hills, classic orange groves and a unique downtown. Every year the city comes alive during its Caladium festival and plant extravaganza. Our Park Paradise Village is located in this town.
- New Port Richey is a town near the peaceful waters of the Gulf and Florida’s favorite beaches. It’s full of old Florida charm and features a fun downtown historic district with a plethora of restaurants, shops and entertainment options. Our Orchid Lake RV Resort is a 55+ community located in this town.
If the beach is calling your name…
There’s nothing like walking along the salty shore with the sand in your toes. If you like the playful waves of the Atlantic, we know a town for you.
- New Symrna Beach is the ultimate sleepy beach town. Home to one of Central Florida’s favorite beaches and a vibrant art scene, NSB is a place for the creative. Our Sugar Mill Mobile Home Park is a 55+ community located in this town.
If you love close-knit communities…
Having friendly neighbors you can count on can make a place feel like home. Here are our picks for best close-knit communities in Florida:
- DeLand is a growing town just outside of Orlando with the small, hometown feel. It’s home to a historic downtown district and Stetson University, the oldest college in Florida. Enjoy beautiful architectural, murals and plenty of entertainment options in this tight-knit community. Our Park A Better Place is an all-age community located in this town.
- Leeseburg, better known as the “Lakefront City” is a picturesque city located in Lake County. Here you’ll find the Venetian Gardens, a beautiful, large public park that features a ski beach, swimming pool, access to near-shore islands and more. Everyone is friendly and neighborly in this city. Our Park Hickory Hollow Estates is a 55+ community located in this city.
No matter what you’re looking for, there’s a place in Florida calling your name and a Garber Community for you. Let us help you start your retirement living and find your perfect match! To learn more about our communities and affordable homes or to take a tour, please call 407-949-8629.General